The BMW Group offers you an interesting job as a software developer in the automotive domain. You will develop software solutions as part of a team, with responsibility for the architecture and design of highly networked innovative automotive software functions, collaborating closely with the relevant specialist departments. Support for our customers in all vehicle domains is a key element of the job. The areas of application range from traditional embedded domains such as drive, chassis and body through to infotainment systems networked with consumer devices and web/back-end systems. Another area is the development of basic software. You design the integration of individual functions in the overall functional network, as well as that of software component architectures in the overall software architecture. You work with UML and AUTSAR and use established architecture patterns such as layer architectures and component-oriented design. You design and implement libraries of specifications, models, software components and test cases and structure these for re-use in product line design. The result of your work is operational, high-quality serial production software.
- Degree in information technology or similar.
- Very good practical skills in software development and software engineering.
- Sound knowledge of the methods of object-oriented software development and/or extensive experience in the field of embedded software.
- Experience in at least one of the follow areas: software/system architecture, component architecture, operating systems, real-time systems, microcontroller architectures, distributed systems, communication, network technologies, busses, AUTOSAR, C/C++.
- Experience of software development processes such as model basing, UML, SysML, domain-specific languages, code generation, process models, specifications management, testing and validation, software quality, agile processes, CMMI, ASPICE.
- Domain expertise in one of the following is an advantage but not a requirement: driver assistance, infotainment, online services, control engineering.
- Accomplished handling of safety standards (ISO 26262) and the relevant development processes is an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for software and automobiles.
- Ideas and an open-minded approach to innovative software for individual mobility of the future.
- Independent approach to work.
- High degree of customer orientation.
Interested? Apply now and join our online presentation & chat with us on 14th of June during the Online Event “OneDayWith Top Women Engineers in Automotive” on http://online.careersinternational.com/twautomotive