SALES DIRECTOR - REF SAND 53 - 150 K€
Location: Paris, France
Reports: 5 Sales
A member of the Management team, this role is integral in providing strategic direction for the French market, aligning and driving growth across all functional areas, sharing best practices and representing a strong leadership community for French organisation.
The Sales Director will have key management responsibility for the direct sales operations with a key focus to drive incremental sales revenue for solutions through direct touch with prospects, customers and strategic alliances. Will be expected to work in partnership with the marketing, sales consulting, alliances, professional services with regards to pipeline creation and management, and collaborative sales initiatives.
Concentrating on providing direct support and coaching to the sales team in the areas of focus outlined below:
Areas of Focus:
1. Ensuring results are achieved on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis whilst remaining within agreed budgetary guidelines.
2. Leading and motivating the team to deliver their individual and collective quotas.
3. Drive and grow regional revenue in line with corporate objectives.
4. Transform the customer base to ensure is a strategic vendor and trusted partner within the largest French organisations.
5. Create and develop regional pipeline working with other pipeline contributors to achieve lead generation goals
6. Managing sales activities to ensure best practice and maximum win ratios
7. Participating in formulating and administering local sales strategies and policies
8. Encouraging a culture of teamwork, openness and hard work through strong performance management
9. Hire and retain “A” players within the Sales organisation
10. Deliver forecast accuracy of +/-10% based on quarter start date
The strategic focus of this position is to increase the revenue and profitability of French territory, whilst developing and improving the performance of each individual within the team. Reporting into the MD France, this role is highly visible and requires the selected individual to be able to verbalise, discuss and action strategy for the business. This position also works closely with the France Operations Director. Additionally, cooperating internationally within Europe with colleagues on larger opportunities, helping to develop best practices throughout the sales process.
The strategic goal, as part of the management team, is to facilitate the following:
· Drive the business for profit and revenue growth
· Leading and motivating the sales team
· Deliver an outstanding customer experience
1. Analyse and provide market insights and create competitive and innovative strategies and plans
2. Lead, direct and support the Sales Team through effective coaching
3. Ensure team goals are properly set and targets achieved using classic and innovative sales management approaches
4. Forecast and track revenues and activities in a timely and accurate manner using the in-house systems and other tools
5. Monitor and review results versus planned performance and take quick, decisive actions where there is clear variance to plan
6. Through effective coaching develop team skills and knowledge
7. Fulfil the role of management team contact with key prospects and customers
8. Participate in and lead customer and media events
9. Provide direct support to sales teams and customers in high potential opportunities or complex solutions, serving as the senior member of the team to the customer – as and when required
10. Coach all members of the sales team on the Methodology so that it is used for all major account customers and prospects
11. Create a climate of success and teamwork that motivates the performance of the team
12. Maintain and grow specifically-assigned customer relationships that require more senior level attention
13. Examine win/loss analyses to learn more about the effectiveness of sales and customer growth investments
14. Build and sustain trust, rapport and empathy with all sales team members and customers
15. Work with HR to proactively coach and manage poor performers
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 7 years recent sales management experience of enterprise sales teams in France
· Proven sales track experience, including significant sales management experience in a solution selling environment – a background in technology software is ideal, although those with applications experience, particularly where application integration comes into play would also be of
· Demonstrated success in high value, business to business, solution selling
· Strong awareness of the drivers in sales processes for direct and channel accounts
· First class communication skills – written and verbal, along with the confidence required for public speaking.
· Experienced at identifying market opportunities with a track record of instigating go-to-market plan and subsequent sales follow-though
· Bachelors degree in business or related field
· Strong knowledge and experience with CRM and other desktop productivity software, ex. Excel, Powerpoint, Word
· Experience using classic and innovative approaches to sales management, coaching and training
· Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive level relationships
· Collaborative and coaching management style
· Strategic vision and approach to insuring consistent revenue and profitability results
· An individual with the desire to progress their career. Success in this role will enable the successful candidate to position themselves on the path to general management
· Educated to Bachelor degree level on higher.
GLOBAL LINK PARTNERS
66, rue de Chézy
92200 NEUILLY S/SEINE
tel : 01 47 47 16 28
SALES DIRECTOR - REF SAND 53 - 150 K€